View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #511
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Thoughts on Wind these days?

Can I buy a new iPhone (unlocked) and put a wind SIM in it? How's coverage? I'm almost always in the city, and when I go somewhere, it's usually to Edmonton, where I also should have coverage. If I plan to go somewhere else, I could buy a prepaid sim?

I'm currently with Bell, but both my wife and I are past the end of our contracts, and my phone's battery is awful.
Wind coverage is good in city and speeds are okay reasonable (was getting ~5Mbps down, 0.5 up in most places). You will roam outside the city on any of the Robellus towers otherwise at very reasonable rates so you don't need a prepaid sim unless you are out there for weeks, it's $0.05/MB so is pretty good. The frequency that Wind is on is not great so you may experience some not as great reception in larger concrete buildings.

Any unlocked phone that works with AWS-1 (1700Mhz band 4) will work on Winds current 3.5G network. AWS-3 (band 66) will be required for their LTE/4G network slated for late this year/early next year. No phones currently support band 66 but a new iPhone does support 1700/band 4.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post: