View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Bronies, in my CP?

I figured I'd ask this since I have seen the odd My Little Pony avatar around these parts.

So Bronies of CP, who are you? Why do you like the show? I admit I have watched it next to my 3 year old daughter, who seems to enjoy it (but not as much as Dora and The Octonauts (which rule by the way)), just wondering what about it gets a mature guy (or gal) so psyched?

Are you relatively open about your love of this show, or is it something that you hide in your closet so to speak?

For those who are unfamiliar with what Bronies are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronies

Quote:
Older fans of the show have adopted the title "brony," a portmanteau of the words "bro" and "pony".[18][19] Though generally taken to refer to male fans, the term is often applied to any fan outside the target demographic, regardless of gender.[4] Another term, "Pegasister", has been used to refer to older female fans of the show.[20] Two informal surveys of about 2,300 and 9,000 participants, respectively, revealed that the average age for the older fans was around 21, that approximiately 86% were male, and that 63% were currently pursuing a college degree or higher.
My fondest My Little Pony memories would have to be using my sisters toys of them as pins in my bowling lane in an undeveloped basement in the early '90's. Good times!

Last edited by Bigtime; 07-14-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote