View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #1101
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Lidstrom View Post
no. People have been high on him since he was drafted. The offensive output was underrated, but he ended up proving quite a bit this season.

I doubt it translates to the pros though. He'd be lucky to top out at 30 pts in the pros. But then again, scouting is an inexact science.

Wotherspoon is another good one. He is having a very good offensive year, considering his previous stats.

If you look at it, all the guys we have in our pool were at one time underrated by our fans, save for SVEn and HOwse. Arnold, Ferland, Reinhart, were underrated at one point.

IMO, NIck Larson is probably the most underrated. I think he will make a better pro than amateur. He reminds me of a david moss, with less positional versatility.
That may be so, but you RARELY hear about him anytime our prospects are discussed. Even throughout this season, there has even been more of an emphasis on Tyler Wotherspoon from what I have heard and read.

I agree with you in that Joey Leach has a limited offensive potential at the NHL level and his numbers this year are more so an indication of the massive role he is playing in Kootenay. If he can add 10-15 more pounds to his huge frame, I believe he can have fill a nice role at the NHL level within three years.

As for Larson, I am impressed by his speed and work ethic every time I watch him. However his offensive numbers are rather disapointing
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HighLifeMan For This Useful Post: