View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddstud View Post
What would it be like if we moved all kids/people to special settings to be with their "OWN".

Inclusion is where its at and it has a huge benefit for kids to see that everyone is different and everyone learns differently. I would LOVE for there to be autistic kids, down kids, CP kids, kids in wheelchairs in my sons classroom. It teaches them to be sensitive to others around them and to he helpful and tollerable to peers that may have certain obstacles they are dealing with.

Nothing would make me prouder as a parent for my son/daughter to learn and understand about kids that are "different". Math, volleyball, track, etc... meh..... What counts in life is how my kids treat others and the rest will follow.... just my 2 cents
Do our kids go to school together?

Anyway, at that age, inclusion works so well. The kids don't have any biases or anything. All they care about is playing and having fun. If a kid is in a wheelchair they think its cool that they have their own wheels. If a kid is autistic, but can build an awesome Lego castle, that's all that matters. Its really nice to see that the differences don't make a difference to kids.

I am old and cynical now, but I wonder how great it would feel to not have any prejudices in my mind. When I get a phone call from a strange number, I am not filled with magic about what this mystery caller could want, or if somebody came up to me on the street I wouldn't naturally jump to the conclusion that they just want money or to sign me up for some useless credit card.

I do wonder though if when these kids grow up, what will they be like as adults. One side of me thinks they'll be great and they'll live in peace and harmony, but another thinks will they be competitive enough - if there is some threat, say in 30 years, the US wants to take over part of Canada, would this generation fight for it, or just say, "it's cool, they can have it".
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote