View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I think it's hard for us, sitting at home, watching video clips to determine if not giving the ball to the kid was intentional or if it was simply unnoticed.

That game in Rangers Ballpark was a sellout, so you have a loud 47,000+ crowd, could the toddler's cries gone unnoticed? Possibly.

While I won't comment one way or the other on this particular incident, I will say this. I've been to 6 MLB games in my life, each game I was at I'd scan the section where I'm seated for two reasons:

1 - determine my odds of catching a ball
2 - see if there are any little kids around

If there are kids around I'd make mental note of who to give the ball to. I'm a baseball attendee novice, but that just seems like the right thing to do.

Then again, if you're just there because your company gave you tickets, perhaps this never crosses your mind.

I don't think it's fair for us to judge. The kid got a ball, love that the team did that and the couple seem apologetic.

As for the wanting an apology from the YES guys, perhaps it's warranted (they didn't seem to be taunting like they said) but it does seem petty to be requesting it in public.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote