View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #27
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraisoup View Post
All those huge open world games seem to have a tonne of issues at launch. I can't imagine the testing is that easy but one would think they would be more vigilant.
Rockstar seems pretty good at it, i didn't have any problems playing Red Dead Redemption at all. sure you had the occasional horsewoman or an animal stuck in quicksand, but nothing game breaking. in Skyrim i had to constantly reload to previous save games because something failed to trigger in the main quest, or because a town suddenly became hostile to me (with no bounty or jail options given from the guards). and if you were unlucky enough to buy it for the PS3 you had terrible game performance because of an issue with how the engine utilized memory (which they were completely aware of)

massive open world or not, Bethesda released a broken product in Skyrim (and Fallout NF, Fallout 3, Oblivion), so i hope they continue to get called out by game reviewers who refuse to give them a pass simply because "it's Bethesda". and i'll continue to torrent their releases without shame of admitting so because their products aren't worth the money at release
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote