View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
ChickenPho
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdutka View Post
I have uses IPR 4 times, had two issue, both issue was with a tablet. My Transformer screen just wouldn't turn on all of a sudden, no damage, they were dragging their feet "verifying" and eventually after escalating to management they just replacing it. The second issue the accelerometer in my Nexus 7 stopped working so I was unable to rotate the display. They refused to IPR due to some minor damage on the bezel, in fact they tried to charge me almost $300 to fix it (which is more than the $250 I originally paid).

(the following is 2nd hand information)
The most recent story is from my friend, he had replaced a head set several times and he kept on having issues. So Memory Express agreed to replace it with an equivalent, at first I they offered him a $50 headset to replace the one he bought at $150, then after arguing with them for an hour they agree to replace it with similar features (ended up being $110 headset). Then he went to take the manual (which had the manufacture warranty) and the sale person grabbed it from his hands saying you didn't bring yours in. He said it has the manufacture warranty you have to give it to me. They kicked him out of the store. I'm sure he was snippy with them, I would be after arguing trying to get a headset near what I paid for an hour.

I don't warrenty stuff that much, for the amount of money I spent at MemEx, the $250 seemed really petty to me and when I said that to them I got the impression they didn't care so I shop online now Amazon, newegg and NCIX.

Not surprised as I have a couple friends who had bad experiences with Mem Ex IPR. I stay far away from it at all costs. Not sure which location your friend got kicked out of but ive found Mem ex service to be on and off.
ChickenPho is offline   Reply With Quote