View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 01:54 PM   #37
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol. Those were the class sizes (even up to 35) through the early 80s and 90s when I was in school. Every single teacher in Canada knew those were the class sizes before their first day in the education program at university because they went through school with those exact class sizes.
Just because something can work doesn’t mean it’s the best option. I don’t think there is any data that would support an argument that in most cases a class of 15-20 is going to benefit from the additional time with their teacher compared to a class of 30-35.

Quote:
The government is resisting class size reductions because of all the additional costs associated with reducing them. You'd need more buildings, more staff, etc. Plus, this works. Always has and always will.
The health care system technically “works”, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved. If smaller class sizes didn’t improve outcomes then one would have to wonder why for-profit private schools generally cap their class sizes at much lower numbers and intentionally deprive themselves of the additional profit.

Quote:
As for kids' mental health issues, those have always been there, but we just have names for a bunch of them now that we didn't used to have. People haven't changed.
Let’s say you’re right(even though I think this is debatable) and there are no additional kids with mental health issues compared to in the past, even if that was the case you couldn’t possibly deny that there are far more ESL students than there were before and that clearly adds additional challenges to teaching a class.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: