View Single Post
Old 05-14-2024, 01:22 PM   #12
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
I definitely see the homeowners playing an equal role in the state of the community. It should be a partnership where the city and the community work together. Unfortunately, like any neighborhood, people will chose to neglect their property and just don't care about maintenance.

I definitely don't have issues doing my part or taking on more to help enhance the community. I'm just trying to better understand what the city does and does not do. Just seems like double standards for certain communities. Perhaps they have a better association that takes on more maintenance but I honestly don't know.
Yeah, I like your question because I'm not sure who is responsible for the boulevards and stuff in my community. I will say they are well maintained, the city cruises around with a watering truck watering boulevard trees, and the grass is kept to a nice standard.

If I'm paying extra on my taxes for that it's definitely worth it because I think you need that high standard in the common areas to encourage people to keep a high standard on their private property.

Hopefully you can sort this out. That's a shame to live in a nice place, but have the landscaping go to sht and then have lazy sacks let their properties fall apart around you.

I do think every new neighbourhood does take a dip at the 10-15 year mark before it's determined which way the community will go (continue its decline or move up). Like, at first everything is new, but you'll always have a good chunk of people that enjoy that new house maintenance holiday a little too long. Like, sorry, time to paint that fence again. Notice your paint flaking off around your windows? Scrape and repaint, please. Etc. Etc. If enough people start looking after stuff, you're in great shape. If everyone is just like, fk it, time to move.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: