View Single Post
Old 05-14-2024, 12:02 PM   #1
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default City of Calgary Community Maintenance

Just wanted to get people’s thoughts/vent about the City of Calgary maintenance responsibilities for communities. I live in a NW community that was built in 2012 and the state of the community has decreased significantly in recent years. The community honestly looks like a ghetto with weeds everywhere, dead trees and gravel medians.

I’ve reached out to my councilor on several occasions and well receptive to the issues, there doesn’t seem to be much done to rectify the problems. Last year they removed some dead trees but that was about it. My biggest point of frustration is the medians which barely have grass anymore. It’s just gravel and patchy weeds.

The City has mentioned that weed maintenance, such as dandelions, is no longer treated as it is not a noxious. Others and I in the community are extremely frustrated, and like many Calgarians, property taxes rise year after year, yet the community looks horrible. If you drive around other NW areas, they seem to be much more manicured.

Any recommendations at this point? The standard answer is to call 311 and report problem areas, however, the entire neighborhood is a problem and past attempts with 311 have been useless. We also pay an annual HOA fee, but median maintenance (aside from flower beds) is not part of their mandate. It’s getting to be really frustrating to have to look at the state of the community. Not sure what else to do at this point or if we are just going to have to accept that this is the standard from the City.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote