View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 10:00 PM   #830
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keith was by last week too. I think I kept him at the house longer than either of us expected between my questions and his thorough answers, definitely a wealth of knowledge and a believer in doing it right the first time. I think I also contributed to his blood pressure going up as he was most unhappy with the job the installer did on my furnace and the more he talked about it, the more my pressure went up too! I’m now preparing for a new furnace in a couple of years.

Key learnings were:
- your furnace needs air, and clogged filters are bad news. Make sure you swap or clean your filters often to extend the life. We were cleaning our electronic filters at least twice a year but should be doing it monthly.
- pull the door on your furnace at least twice a year and look inside. Check for any water or corrosion damage and take pictures. If things change, send a picture on to Keith and get his opinion (plus book him for a cleaning).

There were a million other things but they were somewhat more specific to my situation. Regardless if he has good or bad news the information he gives you is well worth it.