View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 09:36 AM   #15018
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
So, I’m learning that the only way two parents working households work is that it doesn’t. There’s no ####ing way to meet the demands of parenting and of a half-decent career that I can see.

All I heard for years was I need to make more money. Finally get the more money job which comes with way more responsibility and wouldn’t you know it, doesn’t mean #### how important it is because my kids gotta get dropped off and picked up. And it’s so goddamn aggravating having a partner who makes more because you know damn well whose schedule gets trumped.

It’s brutal man. Like, the most important week that probably makes or breaks my career trajectory and does anyone give a ####? No, because we sure as hell can’t afford to lose her income if she can’t meet her demands.

Guess I could find a 12hr daycare and spend ALL the money and then some to lose all the time with my kid.

Sometimes man I could just cry. How the #### do you guys do it?
I feel you. I moved to senior management in the summer of 2021. At first it wasn't too bad, but then I quickly got moved to super high stress position. The hours are nuts with middle of the night calls. Its not just the hours, but the stress that is difficult to come down from. However, you get home and you got four hours of family duty to do. My wife also has a very stressful job.

I often think about demoting myself, but with inflation and an expensive house, its tough to take the financial hit. The thing that keeps me going is a deferred leave program we are signed up for. We've both been at 80% pay for the last three years, and in one year we get a year off at 80% pay. My family is going to move to France for a year and a lot of people think we're never coming back.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote