View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 09:59 AM   #5551
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone have any ideas how the best to address a basic door ding? I got one last week about 1.5cm in a triangular scuff shape with an uncertain amount of dent. I've had to get a few things addressed in the last few years and the price is a bit higher than I've liked.

Anything I should be aware of before trying to DIY this and is are there good tips and tricks to do the paint? Also, is there any point to getting one of the below styes of door ding kits to address the dent before seeing if I can DIY the color blending/buffing and polishing? There's $40-70 kits of Amazon, but I've seen them below $20 on Temu, but I think I can get the components I need for even cheaper.

https://www.amazon.ca/Mookis-Paintle...%2C133&sr=8-12

I was looking at the kits and one of the tools looks like the plastic capped mallet thing from my watch kit I've never seemed to need. I was thinking to position that in a strategic position and tap it with a hammer or rubber mallet to see if I can make the dent less noticeable (if required) before doing the color/polishing. That's the primary tool I think I'd need without getting the other pry thing to actually try and yank a dent upwards (which I don't think I need?).

Paint wise, I wonder if it's more than scuffed, whether I should do the all out sanding, primer, paint and clear coat, or if there's another practical way to just do a filler using paint pen/nail polish before waxing/polishing.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote