View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 08:22 AM   #7811
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I asked a Latvian friend about it earlier and he basically said it's pretty overblown since everyone there just uses a UK PSN account or something. I think a lot of the blow up online is typical outrage culture, mad to be mad

That said it's always been super annoying when you get a game and have to make or link certain accounts to play. EA, Ubisoft, 2k, take two, fricking almost everyone does it now and it's so annoying
The issue most have with it is that it's 4 months after release and Sony doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to keeping your private personal data secure.

Sure people use a PSN account from a country that is supported but technically you have to jump through multiple hoops (VPN, providing false info) to set it up and because you aren't being truthful if Sony determines you aren't following the agreed upon user policy they can ban your account.

I agree the account setup #### with everyone and their aunt is annoying but enforcing it 4 months after launch is the issue. I have family in Estonia that are strictly PC players that have no intent to create a PSN account for any game and have uninstalled the game.

Just a nuisance that could have been avoided/scrapped after the launch if it couldn't be implemented properly by release.

Update: Helldivers 2 has been delisted from Steam in 177 countries. Some users that have created a PSN account for a supported country and using a VPN break the ToS and are reporting bans.

Last edited by Since1984; 05-05-2024 at 01:09 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote