View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 02:19 PM   #1479
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotnow View Post
Vancouver I’d say is closer to a coin flip. The first three games are when the oilers were looking like a lottery team and the fourth is without Mcdavid. Still a sweep is a sweep and I can’t discount it and can’t say with confidence the Oilers can beat them, but also wouldn’t be surprised if they do. Toronto would probably be similar.

For the rest I’d say you are right and would consider them underdogs against the other teams. That doesn’t mean they can’t win a series against any of them, or otherwise we wouldn’t bother playing the playoffs. I do not subscribe to any of the hype that they are a heavy favourite at this point. Getting out of the west would take a miraculous effort against one of Vegas, Colorado or Dallas. None of those matchups look good to me. Then you get Florida, Carolina or the rangers and all of those are incredibly tough for different reasons.
Well reasoned post. Given that I thought you were a closet oiler guy colour me surprised.

I agree with what you said.

They'd have a shot still, but a slim one against the teams that would be around after round 2.

Unless Colorado happens upon some really unfortunate injuries, who is stopping that freight train?

Or you have Dallas, who put the boots to the oilers like they were still in the decade+ of darkness.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote