View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #528
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Are you sure it's direct deposit? For my Greener Homes Grant rebate, I filled in all of the paperwork for banking information, got the loan portion done paperless, but yesterday afternoon, I received a cheque for the $5,600.

I'm not sure if I did a wrong turn somewhere or filled something in incorrectly, but I could have sworn I requested the $5,600 to be direct deposit. Oh well. Cheque vs direct deposit is no big deal. For others though, just make sure you don't lose that cheque.
From what I remember and understand, the loan and grant are administered by different organizations. The loan company is set up to do direct deposit but the grant is paid by NRCAN and they do not do direct deposit only cheques.

It was a pain when I deposited the cheque because I used the teller as I didn't want to put a $5600 cheque in the machine and they had to call NRCAN to verify the cheque but it took a long time to get through to someone on the phone. If you are comfortable with it just put it in the machine so you don't have to stand around forever at the counter.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: