Old 05-02-2024, 02:48 PM   #2961
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Here's the thing.
The name Fort Calgary, kind of implies that the only history that matters, or that the place is built upon is that fort.

The name The Confluence, doesn't exclude Fort Calgary, nor does it exclude anything that existed there, before it.
The actual fort part will still be a part of the site, it's just not what it'll be named after.

I really dislike the position that rebranding something, to specifically include everything, rather than highlighting a specific part is somehow not remembering or erasing that specific part.

Also, if you're so concerned about the rise of dangerous populism, maybe using "Wokewashing" completely seriously, isn't the best place to start.

Seriously, rebranding to INCLUDE indigenous history does not equal erasing white history.
Seriously. Go on the website or click on the strategic plan and it talks a bunch of Fort Calgary and how their programming is going to including Fort Calgary PLUS the indigenous history of the area.

I guess I’ll just enjoy people watching people read the headline and cry about “woke washing.” People who likely never even went to Fort Calgary in the first place lol.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: