View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 02:44 PM   #17
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I agree, I think Makar should win it. The points are all really close. Hughes has 2 more points than Makar and 7 more than Josi, but both guys have more goals. Hughes has a way more favourable +/- than either, but that is probably the weakest stat to factor in.

All of them get almost identical time on time per game, however Makar plays way more on the PK than the other 2. Hughes and Josi average about 0:30 shorthanded time on ice per game, while Makar averages about 2:30 per game and has more shorthanded points than both combined. The fact he is relied on more for killing penalties and the position is defense after all, should push him over the top IMO.
I don't have the time to go through this and pick a part how silly a take it is, so here:
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/c...-close-8561908

An article that does a direct comparison of Makar and Hughes and includes stats from some other guys that goes across quite a few factors. Makar shouldn't even be a finalist this year. He got name votes.

This vote is going to be close, but based on actual regular season performance it should not be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I can't decide who I would take between MacKinnon or Makar, if I was forced to pick one to build my team around.

What I do know, however, is McDavid wouldn't even factor into the conversation for me.

MacKinnon. MacKinnon is an absolute monster.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote