View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 01:51 PM   #8960
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
And if you were to see the inverse rise in streaming dollars, I'm betting it doesn't make up the difference (hopefully those numbers are inflation adjusted?).

The studios used to make their bank on these big movies, which allowed them to fund a ton of smaller films that probably wouldn't make very much. That economic model is gone now, and unfortunately the film industry is struggling to produce quality in anything that isn't a giant blockbuster...and even then the quality is suspect a lot of the time.

That's why I yearn for those days because that was the peak economic model for movies. It gave a ton of opportunity for young filmmakers to break into the industry with low budget fare. Movies like Swingers or Clerks aren't being made now.
As far as entertainment goes, I wouldn't trade where we are today for the past, though. TV has become infinitely better. There are so many insanely awesome TV shows that are better than any movie.

I do hope this Marvel BS is winding down a bit, though. Superhero fanboy basic bitches have ruined the theater by supporting this garbage for way too long.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote