View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 10:07 AM   #545
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Question is, if Tij is gone and he's available does Conroy have the balls to take him?

For me it's a hard no, grew up in an upper class coastal city, going to hometown BU after snubbing the UofM and has the "I'm the man so I don't have to work hard" attitude.

Biggest risk in the draft for any Canadian team, one way or the other you just know he'll end up with Fox in NY or possibly Boston.
I agree with you but based on past discussions on this topic, you and I are in the minority, assuming that you'd also lean towards taking someone other than Eiserman if Tij is gone, Eiserman is available and another player that is slightly lower ranked on Calgary's list is also available.

If that scenario plays out and I have Eiserman plus other prospect both tied on my list, I'm going with the other dude assuming he is not playing in the NCAA assuming the lower ranking isn't significant. At no.9, the prospect will have options around the league compared to a prospect that is picked out of the top 10, like Coronato who did sign with the Flames.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote