View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 07:37 AM   #19225
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Going to paint UCP and a lot of their supporters with a broad brush here, so let me acknowledge that, but I think one of the underlying reasons for their disdain for low-income Albertans comes from a belief that if you are poor you are a) lazy b) unqualified/uneducated (nice way of saying dumb), c) not righteous, or d) all of the above.

Just my personal experience recently: I've run into more of a certain type of religious people who believe that the only way you can have this temporal success is by being super pious, and those folks who are struggling financially are, in effect, less righteous.

With the TBA idiots and their home-schooled zealot leadership, I wouldn't be surprised if that was an underlying part of their cruelty: "we aren't punishing the poor because they are poor, but because they haven't been blessed enough."

You just described prosperity gospel. The wealthy are God's favorite hence the money, but also there for the poor are being punished by God and you don't want to defy the lords will.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote