View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 03:14 PM   #60
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
That’s completely missing the point of this thought experiment. Fact of the matter is that many (most?) Women are answering that they’d rather be trapped in the woods with a bear because they view men as so dangerous.

The fact that women even need to think about the answer to this question tells you everything you need to know about men and the danger that they represent to women.

One clever comment from a woman I saw said “at least if I get attacked by a bear people will believe me”.

That being said I’m not saying it’s a good thought experiment. It is kind of stupid because there are way too many variables to consider to give a truthful answer. But I don’t know that this is necessarily the time to be pedantic.
I think the phrasing of the question is soliciting negative answers.

Trapped does a lot of work here. If you are trapped with someone I think in the implications of this question you are trapped by the man or trapped by the bear. A bear can trap you without intent by just being a bear. A man who traps you has nefarious intent.

If you rephrased the question would you rather be lost in the forest with a man or a bear I think it would trigger a less negative response.

If I asked “are you in a dangerous situation if you are trapped in a car?” I think answer is yes. The word trapped means the situation is dangerous.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote