View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 09:20 AM   #33
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I feel like my opinion counts for more because I don’t live in Ontario, so I have a couple requests that echo or contrast some of the above.

Please don’t rent a car. It sucks. I have rented a car, ubered, walked, trained, and by far driving myself around in Toronto was the least convenient and most annoying experience. There is nothing redeeming about it. It’s expensive and provides literally no value. I have friends with young kids who live outside of Toronto. They do not drive into Toronto - ever. They take the train. I have driven extensively in bigger, busier cities, some where the traffic is infamous (LA), and Toronto is somehow worse. Often, you can walk faster than you can drive unless you have a physical disability, I’m not joking. Walking plus transit, you’re laughing.

If you’ve already decided not to have a car, this won’t matter. But please, do not drive to Niagara Falls. Forget what the people above me are saying, it’s a pile of ####. It’s not nice. The drive there sucks, the place is worse. Imagine the worst hillbilly tourist trap you can think of - it’s worse. If you feel the desperate need to blow a ton of money on the worst food, worst entertainment, and some commemorative t-shirts where one sleeve is inexplicably bigger than the other and falls apart on the way home, just to see a big waterfall? Well, then you can’t be saved. But if those things aren’t in your bucket list then there isn’t a day you could spend in Toronto that would be worse than Niagara Falls. Whenever people say they want to go to Pier 39 in SF I cringe, but inevitably concede it’s something to see. Niagara Falls is not. It’s irredeemable. I don’t know you but I know you to be a better person than a Niagara Falls person. It’s not “kitschy,” it’s trashy.

Toronto isn’t high on my list of major North American cities to experience, but it would at least be on the list. MLB/MLS/Museums/Aquarium/Toronto Islands/whatever. Stuff to do! Niagara Falls is firmly on the list of places you should avoid your entire life.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: