View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 06:14 AM   #1539
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
I said since the lousy off-season this team is no different than the Riccardi days, whereby some exec markets that they secretly have the formula in the mix of guys there, that don't have a track record of producing, but...moneyball. Atkins has been selling the same formula, just instead of moneyball, they're claiming defence wins, somehow. It's been a pathetic theory since day 1, and it's shown to be a wrong strategy. Even if they were to somehow make the playoffs I'll still say this strategy they have in place is flawed. I seen it coming so it doesn't hurt as bad, but with results like this how can people not call leadership a fraud when they keep rolling the same narrative that let's see when they roll how well they can do. Between spring training and now, the team is what it is, and to continue saying to wait it out is not genuine.
If they thought they had the "secret formula" on this roster right now they wouldn't have tried to throw nearly $700 million at Ohtani or been in serious trade talks for Soto.

They clearly knew the offense was a serious question mark going forward, but the problem is landing either of those two was very unlikely and after them all that was on the market was more serious question marks.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote