View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 12:09 AM   #474
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I tried to solve what some would call a revenue problem by considering a different job. So it would be a theoretical 7% increase in pay. But for a loser like me that's only 580 a month. It's not a work from home job, but has better benefits. Probably a touch more growth opportunity. My estimate is that driving work that often will result in $240 a month of increased expenses which I think is an underestimate on my part. So after taxes in the end I'd only net like $140 a month and give up a lot of flexibility that I currently have. Plus it's 4 plus hours a week for commuting too that I don't have right now.

So looks like I need like at least a 10% increase to actually see any tangible gain if I was to go back to working in a office. Or find one a lot closer to where I live. Would be easier to see if my current employer can increase my pay by $200 a month. But shows how much I really need to fix myself if I want to get back to where I was two years ago and stop falling behind the pack.

Are you in a position where city transit is an option? It would at least bump up your take home pay, and while it’s not a lot, transit passed are tax deductible.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote