View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 11:07 PM   #45
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Excellent advice folks thank you! Feels like I was on the right track after all.

I plan to do both acoustic and electric. Is it worth it to have a mic for the acoustic AND a mic for vocals? Was thinking of a single mic positioned in the middle or whenever sounds best.
Depends how you like to record. I like to multitrack (record the guitar track first, then the vocal on another track), so I generally use one condenser mic to do each separately. If you wanted to sing and play at the same time you could also just position the mic somewhere in front of you, make sure the levels on your interface are a high enough and get an "in the room" type recording. Positioning of the mic would have the biggest impact on the sound you're getting. With a good mic that should sound fairly decent for a demo or something. I haven't really experimented with multi mic recording myself. I have found mic's are all about experimentation, so you'll try different positions and figure out what sounds good with your guitar and in your room.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote