View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 07:24 PM   #22
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
It's probably best not to hurt the guy's feelings if it is only for a few hours. I can't imagine someone's BO being that bad that you can't put up with it for a while.

I have a friend who used to have really bad breath. Like really bad and people would recoil when talking to him and would talk about it behind his back. I eventually just told him he had bad breath and it was a problem, because it was. It became a trait that people associated with him and it was affecting his image and interpersonal relationships with people. He was pretty offended when I told him, but it did force him to go to the dentist and deal with his rotting tooth. I am still friends with him and his breath is normal now, so it was for the best.
I had a friend who had similar issues a while back. Would always smell like rank polish sausage and onions. Just a rampant smell and everyone was laughing at him behind his back and the poor guy had no idea the gossip going on around him. Was even a running joke for a while what scent he'd have that evening.

One night we went to the old HiFi nightclub and couple girls started throwing ice at him, obviously reacting to his smell. Buddy thought it was just a joke but eventually I pulled him aside and told him straight up he stunk and asked him how he was showering because everyone had been keeping quiet about it, but he stunk. I even offered to shower with him to show him how to wash properly. He seemed a bit sad about it, but took it to heart. Next time we met he told me the cologne he buys was reacting to the material of the t-shirts he always wore and that's where the smell came from.Changed his cologne and haven't had a whiff of him since.

Sometimes people need to be told and sometimes shaming (in a "polite" way) works. If some worker showed up in my house and stunk that bad I'd 100% call him out. "Dude, did you step in dog #### or something? You smell rank". Have a chuckle about it and let him finish his work.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: