View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 10:43 PM   #111
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Also, apparently adding Great Stuff to your cheap cooler's lid and walls improves the efficacy exponentially. I have not tried it yet but plan to.

Cracking eggs into a container, as mentioned above, is also brilliant. I would use a larger-mouthed container, but I think it would even work for fried eggs. If not, scrambled eggs always work.

This video shows how plus some other tips:

Other tenting tips, a large tarp over the tent keep rain and sun off the tent itself and creates a dryspace outside your tent if you don't have a vestibule.

A maul as opposed to an axe makes chopping much easier. I bring a rubber maid with dried wood and kindling and paper so I can get it started if the wood on sight is not great. Also, buying firewood from the place at deerfoot/glenmore that used to be burnco allows you to be sure you have good wood, haha.

A good lamp is also a great idea. I have the old school coleman propane lamp but I am sure there are better LED options now.

We also have a campfire grate that has a grill but also a shelf you can use for briquets. You pound the stake into the ground and the grates slide on the pole and friction stay where you want them but also are easy to swivel.

Amazon campfire grills.

I also love my fire poker I got at Princess auto. Nice to have a dedicated fire poker and I use it with the grills as well.

High quality oven mitts are also a great idea.

Headlamps are also a great idea. Great for cooking or setting up in the dark.

A couple of large-capacity portable iPhone chargers are probably a requirement.

Hot dog sticks are a good idea.

I like to get a bigger hammer/sledge. Makes driving the stakes in much easier and quicker. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/tuf...dle/1001638568

I have found this style of grommet replacement works really well. I found them at Princess auto: https://www.stevestonmarine.com/tarp...ip-%284pack%29

I agree on the two burner coleman propane stove.
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post: