View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 12:15 AM   #8892
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw two movies tonight. Civil War and Abigail. A huge recommendation for both! I think I enjoyed Abigail more, but I don't think you're supposed to enjoy Civil War.

Civil War was horrifying to watch, and definitely a glimpse into a possible future. It was sad to witness how disposable life was, where humanity was absent. People dying on the streets, mass graves, and the "them or us" mentality. Garland was partisan on the subject matter, and didn't pass blame on one side or the other. I don't understand those who believe otherwise, those critics are trying to find fault in something that's not there.

It was horrifying to watch something we seem so far removed of... and yet in parts of the world it exists today. That scene with Jesse Plemmons was absolutely terrifying... especially not knowing which side he was wife, and what to say. From a fleeting moment of joy to the worst moment of your life. This kind of movie really puts things in a depressing perspective.

As for Abigail, I absolutely loved it! The biggest problem if anything was the trailer. Since they give away much of the plot in the trailer it removes many of the twists and turns. Knowing the truth about Abigail hurt the potential of the movie. That being said it was a fun ride, with compelling characters, well executed action scenes, and a great amount of gore. Alisha Weir (Abigail) is a scene stealer; Barrera, Durand, and Dan Stevens (one of my favourites) also put in some great work. Radio Silence continues to make great movies. A huge recommendation for this one. I also had some of my biggest laughs at a movie this year. A very smart and clever movie, with a great cast.

I laughed out loud for "the onion" bit. It made complete sense for that character as well.

Last edited by trackercowe; 04-19-2024 at 12:19 AM.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote