View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 12:27 PM   #29
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMONTONisNG View Post
dino7c responded up above. He was DTD just a week ago.
And I can't see that, so you have to do your own homework

Quote:
Health isn't binary. Even though you "feel fine" (his quote last week), it is subject to change a lot after a fairly big injury.
It was a big injury now? Do you know what it was? I'd love to know as the Canucks have been so quiet on exactly what was wrong with his knee.

Quote:
He might feel fine today but that can quickly change in sport
That's true of literally everyone in every sport. He could get hit by a bus too.

Quote:
- especially knee injuries for goalies (you rely on your knee's a lot for obvious reasons - and you can't just play through the pain like a forward would with a broken thumb or something).
That's probably why he just sat out 14 games. I'm not a medicine scientist, but I think the sitting out until the injury got better may have been connected.

Quote:
Now add in the mental factor too if being worried of re-injuring it again.
Sure. He could also realize it was just a part of the position he plays and be fine with it. Getting into the mental state of people we don't know well, let alone personally is a fool's errand.

Quote:
There's a lot at play here and he's certainly not the same goalie as he was before the injury - maybe he will be with time, but its still too soon to know.
He's not the same goalie based on? He's played one game and stopped 39 of 40 shots.

Quote:
To add - you can't expect a goalie who hasn't played in a long time to be 100%. Even great players need time to get back to level. He isn't gearing up for a pre-season game either, this is the playoffs where the intensity will be cranked up. Is he in game form? Hard to know.
Again, I'm no well-being wizard but he did just play an NHL game where his team essentially gave the opposition free reign on putting shots on goal and stopped 39 of 40.

It sounds less like you "Think" Demko isn't 100% and more accurately you "hope" Demko isn't 100% based on a myriad of reasons you're mostly making up based on what you hope is true.

You could be right! But it's a case of the blind squirrel finding a nut more than you actually having any real information that leads you there.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 04-18-2024 at 12:30 PM.
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote