View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 11:41 AM   #267
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
I undoubtedly agree. And there’s no immediate connection to this situation in particular but anecdotally I hear a lot on public transportation and 20- something year olds, about betting on sports. The other day I went to the baseball game and a few around were talking about it. And they always tend to be under 30 or so. So even though I have control, and don’t do it much, it’s seemingly impacting young people more than perhaps originally thought. I know it’s anecdotal but I see it more and that’s not even my crowd of interaction. So I’m not surprised this happened. I went off on a tangent because this thread is the only place recently where there’s gambling talk but I think it’s part of the bigger problem with it being everywhere in sports on tv and it’s hypocritical of such shows to talk about harassment in sports and all these other things, then pilfer something that’s a terrible vice just for money. It’s mind boggling the vastness of the sports convo coverage. Now I’m seeing the impacts.
That age seems to be drinking less than I did at that age... maybe a good trade-off in vices

I agree though. Even morality questions aside, it tends to kill the experience for me when they are selling the sport as a vehicle for gambling rather than the game itself.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote