View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 10:58 AM   #30
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-hole View Post
I have to laugh at things like this. You really think that there will be a difference in the mental preparation of the guys over the summer based on winning two meaningless games in a season where we are finishing in the bottom 3rd of the league and have lost two thirds of our games since the trade deadline?

I'll put it to you that the results in these last two games will be completely irrelevant to how the players feel in the offseason.

But it could be the difference between getting the prospect we want and not.

You have to take a utilitarian approach to this. What has the greater long-term impact on the team? Two games at the end of a dismal season where we traded a significant part of the core? Or potentially up to two positions in the top 10 of a draft?

When was the last time to played sports? Every win feels good, every loss feels bad, stringing wins together feels great, stringing losses together feels like ####.

You don't make it to the NHL if you accept losing. No player on that team is thinking, well if we lose two more games we get a shot at a better pick. They are thinking what can I do to make this team win next year.

Winning is a feeling you want to remember, and winning four straight into an off season where young players will stir the drink next season is not a small thing, especially when they have gone 6-12 since the deadline.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote