View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 10:09 AM   #1411
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
We already have designated smoking areas for tobacco and weed, so I don't see this as huge step from there. It's also obviously an improvement from people smoking in the hospitals and is better than people going through/dying from withdrawal if they're in the hospital.

However, I think there needs to be some pretty strict guidelines.

- Security needs to be present and adequately staffed.
- Penalties for using in non-designated areas need to be severe and consistently enforced.
- Severe penalties for anyone leaving needles or other paraphernalia laying around.
- Severe penalties for anyone caught dealing on hospital grounds.

The province should also probably install metal detectors in all hospitals. This isn't necessarily related to decrim. I think it's just a good idea overall to increase safety for health care workers. It's not just addicts who assault nurses and hospital staff. There are the COVID crazies, people who are mentally unwell, etc.

In an ideal world, I would also probably require visitors to show ID, but not sure that would survive a Charter or HRT challenge.
Its not a big step from having areas for smoking to having areas for heroin, crack, or meth? Really? Once this idiotic policy gets implemented do you think these sections of the hospital are just going to be neat, tidy peaceful zones with nice elevator music playing and people reading magazines as they wait for their stall to use their drug of choice?

Also, where are the designated areas for smoking and weed? You mean like outside? Smoking seems to have been virtually eliminated from all public spaces, and rightfully so.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post: