View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 08:31 AM   #2874
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I remember when I was first starting out as a Tax Accountant, I had a guy bring me a 'Government looking' card that showed that he was 'Exempt from All Tax.'

And by 'Government looking' I mean, it was on a plastic card that looked like a SIN card, but you could tell it was pretty clearly home-made.

So I asked him: "If you're exempt from all Tax...why are you here to file a Tax Return?"

Of course. He wants his GST rebates and Government subsidies and Pensions.

That was a special brand of crazy. As to your story though, I just dont get those people.

There is a girl working at a cash register. Just because she's the last person you see before you exit the store, what exactly do these people believe her wild and immutable powers to be?

She scans the crap you've got, informs you of the cost of your goods, might bag them for you! And then tells you to 'Have a Nice Day.'

She is not the Godlike Arbiter in charge of all prices and costs in the store!

After seeing the kind of #### these people take from my time at Canadian Tire I make it a point, no matter how stupid, old or clumsy they are, I'm always nice to cashiers.

They cant do anything for you. They have no power or authority. But they put up with a lot. So...just being polite isn't too hard.
Was the card laminated? That's usually enough to make it official.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote