View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 06:55 PM   #2268
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going back to that incident in Edmonton where the kid was murdered by the dogs, the owner fully admits that the dogs don't like male humans. I have come across this a lot myself where a dog growls or barks at me, and the owner apologizes and explains that the dog doesn't like men.

I was reading up on this, and many people assume because the dog doesn't like men, it is because a man must have abused the dog in the past, but apparently although this can be the case, it usually isn't. It is usually just because men sound and look different (tend to be bigger and have deeper voices), and the dogs aren't socialized enough. Apparently hats, which men more often than women, can freak them out as well because the shade covers the face. There are also times when a male dog has an "alpha" complex that extends not just to other dogs, but to male humans.

I personally don't think it should be acceptable to have dogs, especially large dangerous dogs, that hate a specific gender. If I had a dangerous and potentially lethal animal that hated women specifically, it would probably be seen as anti-social behaviour to keep such an animal or bring it out in public.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-12-2024 at 07:06 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post: