View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 01:45 PM   #47
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I guess that's true too. My mistake. Some of it is just dumb policy revisions that the bank doesn't communicate to their front line staff. It would have been better to say, "Ask someone else or ask that person to ask someone else until they find someone who knows how to do it." People do this for other arrangements. The only unique wrinkle here is that it goes to the CRA and must go to a specific account.

But yeah, clueless front line employees. Normal. Bank confirmations for instance is one of those infuriating ones.

"We don't do confirmations anymore. All confirmations must be done by confirmation.com".

Not true. We just need to talk to the right department. The client should pay $50CAD or whatever it is for your confirmation department to fill it in. Not like $200USD+ on confirmations.com.

Similar stuff is constantly happening for POA and executors. "Sorry, we cannot allow your authority without that person's permission."

What logical part of the person being incapable or dead do you not understand?

I don't want to needlessly rip into some of these front line employees who don't know too much, but sometimes, please ask around before stonewalling.
Oh my God. Honestly among the Bane of my existence.

"Well they'll need to confirm it."

Well bucko. They're dead. But I'd gladly send you down there to get their signature if you want.

Hot Tip: "You don't want that."

Ugh...its so frustrating.

"I need their Authorization! Why are you taking me to a Church?"

Because unless you can get the Big Guy on the phone....good luck getting their Authorization.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: