View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 12:19 PM   #46
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont find it odd at all, first of all my opinion of most Banks couldnt get any lower, but further, CRA has been changing their standard practices every 6 months and not telling anyone.

The Bank being in the dark is entirely in line with the way CRA operates.

Because you're right, they're trying to force people to go online, but its so short-sighted. You've got people who have been retired or running businesses for ages who dont know how to do this.

And then people get confused and who do they call?? The Ghostbusters!! But then me. Because theres no point calling CRA, even if they answer the phone they have no clue. They'll tell you whatever it takes to get you off the phone.

So CRA change policies and practices with no notice or explanation...yeah, even as someone who abhors Banks, it makes perfect sense that they're all shoulders, and its not their fault.
I guess that's true too. My mistake. Some of it is just dumb policy revisions that the bank doesn't communicate to their front line staff. It would have been better to say, "Ask someone else or ask that person to ask someone else until they find someone who knows how to do it." People do this for other arrangements. The only unique wrinkle here is that it goes to the CRA and must go to a specific account.

But yeah, clueless front line employees. Normal. Bank confirmations for instance is one of those infuriating ones.

"We don't do confirmations anymore. All confirmations must be done by confirmation.com".

Not true. We just need to talk to the right department. The client should pay $50CAD or whatever it is for your confirmation department to fill it in. Not like $200USD+ on confirmations.com.

Similar stuff is constantly happening for POA and executors. "Sorry, we cannot allow your authority without that person's permission."

What logical part of the person being incapable or dead do you not understand?

I don't want to needlessly rip into some of these front line employees who don't know too much, but sometimes, please ask around before stonewalling.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: