View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 04:10 AM   #2176
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Do these stories ever move the needle on people reconsidering owning these beasts? What kind of moron do you have to be to have an animal (or two+) that can kill a person in your home? These people are so fkn dumb and it's so maddening this always happens.

That poor little guy. Eleven years old. Wow.

*edit I misinterpreted your statement.

Certainly this home had issues previously so it's mind boggling that this was even able to happen. I agree that more regulations should be required, but it does get messy.

I own English Bulldogs, which fall under bully breeds but aren't an aggressive breed. I have no issue with more requirements for bigger more dangerous breeds, but how do you decide the breed?

English bulldogs are generally lazy and not violent. Sled dogs caused the most deaths between 1990 and 2007 in Canada. I'm not sure what makes a dog a sled dog, or a dangerous breed. Pitbulls aren't a breed either.

Some of the solutions above about not being able to own more than one dog, are silly if they are referring to any breed, just nonsense, and if that's your solution you don't belong in the discussion.

I had 3 english bulldogs and 4 cats at the same time and never had an issue with animals, or people. I have had my dogs attacked twice however. One was a German Shepherd, and one was a Husky. I keep my dogs on leash at all times the attacks were from free roaming dogs. When my first bulldog became elderly and more grumpy with other dogs I no longer took her to places where strange dogs would be present off leash.

Again if I'm misinterpreting what's being said and it's only in reference to breeds like the Cane Corso then that changes the discussion.

Last edited by AFireInside; 04-03-2024 at 04:26 AM.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote