View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 05:37 PM   #521
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
The problem really comes to the tradeoff with offence in favour of defence. You have two positions guys should be hitting bombs from, who don’t. That’s KK and Varsho. Then you have uncertainty around third and second. So you’re relying on Bichette, Vlad, Turner and Springer to hit for extra bases if not home runs to get those runs from guys who just aren’t doing it. 2nd throughout the league is a challenge so I’ll give that to Biggio to work out. But those other positions should be either filled with power or guys who very well can get on base. Not to mention Kirk’s hitting troubles. It puts too much pressure on the four who can hit.

I have little problem if management came out and said it’s a show me year. But positioning this as a contender, is marketing. Those pointing out the KK signing are totally right. It’s the Riccardi days over again. I’m thinking now that Vlad and Bo are too young to walk away from in the grand scheme, but they have to retool by dealing one or two of their best pitchers. Meaning Gausman and or Barrios.
Yeah I don't buy the defense argument, you can teach above average defense to anyone. Lourdis went to Arizona and became part of a record-breaking defense.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1715526801789767699

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote