View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 07:41 AM   #14061
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotnow View Post
As someone who had a sister attempt suicide, a father in law suffer from years of psychotic episodes brought on by treatments from a physical ailment - you are cruel and uninformed. Maybe you are getting your kicks by posting the most vile and insensitive comments about people with mental illness or maybe you are just this much of an a-hole. Hard to tell, and doesn’t matter. Nobody says to a cancer patient we are going to stop coddling you now, good luck.

All I can ask is stop posting on this subject now, the battle for those with mental illness and their families is hard enough and for those experiencing it your comments are damaging.
I'm not ill informed in the least. I'm the guy who has had to mop up the mess of two suicides in my immediate circle after years of hand holding, helping, dropping everything at a moment's notice and then supporting people and estates through the fall out.

Your sister attempted suicide? I'm sorry to hear that. Some of us have had to deal with multiple attempts by loved ones over a span of years and then have them actually succeed. I suspect your sister's attempt was very hard on you. Okay, now imagine she does that half a dozen more times and you're the one dealing with the issues that arise around it while also trying to live your own life. Then imagine if she succeeded and all the issues that arise after that.

Sorry, your experience does not give you any authority to dictate how my experience and perceptions get to be.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: