Thread: Theoren Fleury
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 03:20 PM   #1233
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
I sent in an email to ASET and received a response simply stating that Theo will only be speaking on mental health and addiction and that "His political views will not come up during his keynote address." I actually never thought he would directly address the audience with his crazy rambling and push his wacky political views, that was too insane to contemplate.

I'm not sure if they're aware of how ####ing nuts this guy is and who they are associating themselves with, so I sent them a little list of his greatest hits. He's simple out of his mind, reading through that made me feel crazy.
First of all, the Venn diagram between my personal beliefs and Theo's probably resembles two separate circles. With that out of the way though, I believe the world needs a whole lot less of people who are not actually attending a private speaking engagement themselves nor are members of the group putting it on trying to cancel speakers at private speaking engagements. Trying to cancel people these days almost accomplishes the opposite of the intended effect. And no, MarchHare it's not even remotely comparable to paying Bill Cosby's to speak.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote