View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 02:14 PM   #215
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Bellinger and Chapman didn't get hundreds of millions of dollars.

They very clearly did. They signed a 1 year older KK, and replaced Chapman's really good D and below average bat with IKF's really good D and even more below average bat. They doubled-down on the whole approach they took to last season.

They're basically just hoping they get lucky at this point.

I mean c'mon if Schneider hadn't have done a Babe Ruth impersonation when he got promoted (which I think we can all agree isn't his true talent level) the Jays would have missed the playoffs altogether.
That 2nd quote isn't something I wrote anywhere, why is my name attached to it?

The Jays are clearly hoping for pitching and defense to be a strength again, while expecting Vlad, Springer, Kirk and Varsho to improve closer to career norms on offense, which is not a crazy idea.

Chapman turned down $150 million from the Jays, so why even mention him or what he got? It doesn't matter, he wasn't coming back here.

I only bring him up because people keep saying the Jays should have done more without being able to provide a decent example of what exactly they should have done.

What did the Jays offer Bellinger? What did he turn down and instead ended up back with the Cubs? Do you know? I sure don't.

What should the Jays have done different???
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote