View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 08:29 PM   #311
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know where to put my number, it looks like I'm in the same boat as a few here. My relationship has come to an abrupt end. When I say abrupt, I suppose that's not true. We have been roommates, at best, for a while now. One fight was enough to finally bring things to an end. I've just rented a furnished apartment just to make things happen quickly. I'm 51 and I've never lived in an apartment. Where do you put a chainsaw and a tow sled for a snowmobile when you live in an apartment? Lol. Lots to figure out very quickly as I take position Monday and I'd like to make things happen quickly, pull off the bandaid I guess.
I am much more upset about leaving our two dogs behind than leaving the relationship. At least I think I am. I think I have too much stress and stuff to do over the next few days that I am not processing things properly. I feel like I am going to get myself settled and then have a meltdown. I hope not but we'll see. So long as I don't just drink myself to death, I guess, I'll be alright. Lol.
My current mental health number changes hourly sometimes. We'll see over the next little while. I am really trying to be optimistic and tell myself that we should have done this a long time ago, and that's probably true, but it's hard in the moment.
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to schteve_d For This Useful Post: