View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 01:44 PM   #301
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

I have tried personal trainers in the past. I found that my strength increased, but my weight didn't budge and inch. I became frustrated and gave up (usually stuck with it for 6 months to a year before doing so). I have tried various healthy eating plans (not a pure diet because those are based solely on calorie restrictions, and that doesn't work long term). Outside of an occasional fast food meal when I'm on the go, I don't eat any processed foods or consume any added sugar. I cut soda out years ago and I almost never eat dessert or other sweet foods (just lost my taste for it). I try to eat high fiber food, and a good amount of vegetables and beans. Whole grains for the most part. A mix of lean and fatty proteins (because some amount of fat is actually good for you, just can't eat it all the time). My bloodwork is really good except for total cholesterol that is bordering on being too high. The only thing that's a detriment is alcohol, and I'm working on actively reducing that

Sorry I don’t have time to reply to your whole post but maybe I can offer some advice on this part:

If losing weight is going to be difficult for you because of genetics / body type, maybe changing your goals will be beneficial. Let’s use jogging as an exercise example.

If previously your goal is to lose x pounds in a month by jogging and dieting but you know you’ll struggle to do that and you’ll lose focus. Why not make your goal based around, say, being able to jog for an entire kilometre without stopping? Then when you reach that say you want to keep your 1km time under say 7 minutes, then 6, then 5?

This, in my opinion, will change your focus to your health and not your weight. You can always use meds to help you too.

The jogging is just an example, maybe your goal is dead lifts, squats and bench press progress. The choice is yours but keep looking for progress.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post: