View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 01:23 PM   #1039
traptor
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
How did you jump to that conclusion...

I feel like what Conroy said with Seravalli was the opposite of that.

He specifically said they want to get younger and let young guys play.

And pretty much said they aren't going to be a player in the top end of free agency but would be okay with adding veterans on short term deals if the cost and term is right.

I don't think there is going to be some big push to try to "convince" Markstrom to stay...he wasn't the one that was asking to leave...the Flames were only ever making the trade if the value was right.
"Conroy has stressed he wants the Flames to be competitive. More than anything, Markstrom wants a chance to be competitive. Is there a way to do that in Calgary on this contract?"

"Conroy said he intends to lay out the plan for Markstrom, including his intentions for free agency. It sounds like if Markstrom prefers to move on, the Flames will oblige, as Conroy said he wants players who want to be in Calgary.

“We need to sit down and talk,” Conroy said. “I need to see where Marky’s head is at – if I can add something [in free agency], see what he is thinking. We just need to sit down and have a conversation after the season. Right now I just want him to play and focus, he’s been banged up a little bit, and hopefully he is back soon.”"

Steinberg also reiterated this on flames talk yesterday.
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote