View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 12:58 PM   #99
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

As someone with a grade school aged kid, I am finding this discussion really informative. I have been a little critical of schools, but am now realizing that staff are being put in an impossible situation. When the system isn't working for anyone (kids, parents, and teachers), obviously there is a big problem with the system in general.

How do people feel about the idea that COVID really screwed up the social development of a lot of kids who entered school during the pandemic? My kid entered kindergarten during the peak of it when everyone had to wear masks and stay 6' away from everyone else. They didn't have free play at recess and were discouraged from socializing in general. Personally, I would not doubt if this has caused a lot of issues. One teacher told me that a lot of 8 and 9 year old kids are still at a 6 year old level when it comes to getting along with others and they have noticed kids being more protective about personal space and not being collaborative. They feel more comfortable with one-on-one learning because big groups make them uncomfortable.