View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 04:04 PM   #69
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I do think their should be a line somewhere. My younger son lost a huge amount of learning in grade 2 because a kid in the room was hugely disruptive. He regularly threw furniture. They were evacuated from their class room because he was acting out violently at least 25 times. He punched other kids, and when he wasn't acting out he'd sit at the back of the classroom loudly playing with toys he brought, which is also disruptive. This kid's teacher has either quit or taken a leave in grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3.

There's no way he should be in a regular classroom, because the disruption he does to the learning of 20+ other kids exceeds any possible benefit to himself.

Tldr: learning disability and need some extra help --> regular classroom is fine.

Consistently disrupting the learning of everyone else with violence --> you need something different
This. My kid had his grade 3 experience disrupted by someone similar. He's flagrantly and without provacation hit my kid.

Teacher did absolutely nothing about it, other than tell me that that kid was been talked to.

I finally told my kid to take justice in his own hands. The next time that kid tried to hit him, my kid shoved his @$$ to the ground. I wrote to the teacher right after school, when he told me what happened, and explained that if nothing is going to be done, my kid will handle it accordingly. Kid got suspended finally and moved to the other side of the room, and wouldn't come near my kid.

My kid shouldn't have to resort to that crap. That kid should not have been in the classroom.

Some people may disagree with me. But if you had a kid who is losing his love for school and learning, you'd be feeling very similar. It sounds selfish and self centered, but I truly don't give a care about a child who is disrupting my son's class. He/she can gtfo and go some where else.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote