View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:32 PM   #63
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
And just to chime in, this is what I have in my classroom pretty much all the time. I have only minimal training to deal with behavior issues, learning disabilities/disorders, psychological issues, teaching to ESL students the nuances of English etc. It doesn't get better at the University level. These students get pushed through a system so that the numbers look okay, but they aren't able to do much once they reach my level, and then they are surprised to discover their grades are poor and they flunk out within a year. Lots of issues with these kids never reaching any potential at all. It sucks. I have my own issues with burnout at the end of every year, and it takes me all summer to get my desire to teach back.

It's not the teacher's fault at the lower levels, it's the absolute lack of any sort of support or funding for teachers to do their job. The more I see these problems, the more I think that most of it could be solved by simply doing the necessary thing of funding and supporting teachers and teaching institutions. What we're doing right now isn't sustainable.
Yup.

I think its insane what teachers have to deal with on a daily basis, and then I think it is even being made worse when phones and other devices can create an even bigger issue.

Also, just from my observations, sometimes the biggest lack of support is from parents not giving a #### about their kids, and thinking their kids are entitled to the perfect education without the parents actually have to raise kids that are ready to learn.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote