Thread: The A.I. Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 02:26 PM   #390
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Most CSRs are reading a script off a computer screen anyway, so might as well make them bots.

We'll need something like UBI sooner or later unless someone can find new ways to keep us more productive than machines.

The rich and powerful will say they don't want to give away free money, but they should look at it as investing in not getting a pitchfork to the face.
I wish we'd get more creative with UBI.

Having a purpose is important. Sitting on the couch playing video games and cashing a monthly UBI cheque probably does make for the happiest person. What if instead we took that money and put it to all of the work that isn't getting done that would be a benefit to all, and provide people with some pride and purpose?

Spitballing some ideas:

- Paying a bunch of people to plant flowers, pick up litter, weed and maintain public park spaces
- Pay youth/rec sports coaches and art teachers so that we can drop the fees on those programs and expand the reach
- More public art everywhere
- Assigned community police officers walking around neighbourhoods checking in with citizens and building relationships and gathering data

I'm sure there are a billion things I'm thinking of that have relatively few raw material inputs that still produce good for society that could be dreamed up.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post: