Thread: [PGT] Flames lose 6-2
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 09:57 AM   #172
EN FUEGO
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm aware that most of the folks around here have been clamoring for the team to tank for a while now, and I've been in the minority there in that I find it very hard to find a silver lining in staring down multiple years of garbage hockey. To me, cheering for losses is an Oiler thing, or more recently, something every member of my hockey team does (all Sharks fans). Pretty sad to get in the locker room after a game and watch them check their phones and high five over losses.

I personally don't buy the "educated fans will still fill the building" thing, as it used to really bum me out when the dome was half empty and quiet as a library on a regular basis. Being concerned about the health of the franchise going into a (potentially long) ugly period isn't crazy to me either. That said, I did not know there was a 35 year commitment to remain in Calgary as part of the new arena deal, so that makes me feel a bit better I guess. I'll be watching most games, hoping for another miracle run to dash our chances at the next Alexander Daigle.

Last edited by EN FUEGO; 03-13-2024 at 09:58 AM. Reason: sea of text
EN FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote